How many times have you felt uncomfortable being near someone or felt like you have known the person your entire life? What you felt was the person’s aura. Everyone can learn to see, feel and sense auras to some extent.
Definition: “an energy field that is held to emanate from a living being” – Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Energy is a vibration created by protons, electrons and neutrons. These vibrations emit colors and frequencies around living and non-living items and are called auras. While the aura around non-living items (stones, cloths, houses, etc.) is mainly fixed, auras around living objects (humans, plants, animals, etc.) changes.
Auras extend around people about three feet from their physical body. However, your aura may extend further or be closer to your body, and the size can vary day to day. You may have sensed someone’s aura as you got closer to the person, and the closer you are to someone, the more you interrupt the flow of energy around yourself and them.
Each person has their own unique aura containing one or more colors that reflect their energy. The common aura colors are white, silver, red, orange, yellow, gold, green, blue, violet, black, brown and rainbow. These colors can show malfunctions in the body, levels of spiritual consciousness as well as emotional and rational states.
Like gemstones, your aura may need to be cleansed at times. Your aura can become thinner on one side compared to the other side, shrink upwards from your feet, have jagged edges, become flattened above your head or less vibrant in color. You can cleanse your aura one of the following ways:
- Meditation – “Close your eyes, picture a white light radiating from within your body, and then imagine it flowing through your whole system from head to toe. Think of that bright light clearing out the dullness in your aura and bringing you back to a healthy centeredness.” from “What Is An Aura? 6 Things to Know About the Spiritual Idea of Auras”
- Sessions with an energy healer
- Smudge yourself with white sage, sweet grass or cedarwood
- Spritz your body with spring water and a few drops of an essential oil like lemon, lime or juniper
- Carry smoky quartz, obsidian, selenite or flint in your pocket or wear as jewelry
- Take a warm bath with one cup or more of sea salt dissolved in the water
If you would like to learn how to see auras, sign up for our aura class on Thursday, September 14, 2017 from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. Seating is limited, so call Seeds of Wellness (440-933-7733) to reserve your spot now.
- “What Is An Aura? 6 Things to Know About the Spiritual Idea of Auras” from Bustle.com
- “How to Read Auras: What Does Your Aura Color Mean?” from Spirit of Ma’at
- “Aura Cleansing” from The Energy Healing Site