The ancient tradition of Chakras originated in India, and the word translates to “wheel” or “circle”. What we know about Chakras today comes from the practice of yoga. Chakras refer to the universal life force (energy) that circulates through us. Each Chakra transmits and stores the universal energy as it spins.
- Root Chakra (red) – The base of the spine, tailbone (legs, buttocks, colon)
- Sacral Chakra (orange) – Lower abdomen, slightly below the navel (bladder, genitals, adrenal glands, large intestine)
- Solar Plexus Chakra (yellow) – Upper abdomen, navel to breastbone (pancreas, small intestine, liver, gallbladder, spleen)
- Heart Chakra (green) – Center of the chest (heart, lungs, lymphatic system, arms) unites lower and upper chakras
- Throat Chakra (blue) – Just below the larynx (throat, mouth, neck and thyroid)
- Third Eye Chakra (indigo) – Between the eyes at the bridge of the nose (brain, ears, eyes, pituitary gland, neurological system)
- Crown Chakra (white/violet) – located at the top of the skull, or outside the body directly above the head (Central nervous system, skin, muscular system, pineal gland)
Many believe that blocked Chakra energy leads to illness and imbalance because the energy cannot flow freely. How the blockage affects you depends on which Chakra(s) are not in balance.
Imbalance can be noticed by paying attention to frequent issues in an area of the body. For example, reoccurring headaches shows imbalance and blockage in the Third Eye Chakra and constant constipation relates to the Root Chakra needing opened.
There are several ways you can bring your Chakras back into balance. Yoga, meditation and chanting (to name a few) help bring balance to specific Chakras or all seven Chakras without needing help from another person. Alternative healing practitioners of Reiki, tuning forks, acupressure and other healing practices help clear blockages from all seven Chakras and alleviate stress within the body through non-invasive healing techniques and remedies.
Seeds of Wellness provides Reiki, massage and tuning fork treatments. See our Services and Event web pages to learn more. We are also starting a monthly meditation group to explore different types of meditation techniques. Call us to learn more about the group and our services.
- “What Is a Chakra?” by Michelle Fondin
- “Chakra Healing – Why do I need to know about chakras?” by My Holistic Healing
Share and Enjoy